KPSL is a Chartered Quantity Surveying practice providing contract and commercial services for a range of organisations including consultancies, contractors, sub-contractors and to the manufacturing industry
We strive to provide a hands-on approach to assist with our clients' specific needs and priorities, including reviewing and drafting contract documents, budgeting and assisting in forecasting cost plans and final cost outturns, maximising and protecting contractual entitlement and providing commercial representation.
Our aim is to ensure that whatever the size, nature and complexity of a particular project, we are able to tailor our services to benefit our client and deliver positive outcomes.
At KPSL we carry out the broad scope of Chartered Quantity Surveying services for a range of consultancies and contractors on a variety of projects.
Our primary aim is to provide our clients with quality and value for money across our entire range of services by providing high quality comprehensive and personalised Quantity Surveying and Commercial Services.
The professional services we provide ensures value for money and unrivalled dedication ensuring each project is managed effectively in the most cost-effective manner possible.
SERVICES BY SECTOR
- Bill of Quantity Production
- Subcontract and Materials Procurement
- Drafting and Agreement of Sub-Contracts
- Subcontract Management and Administration
- On / Off site Remeasurement
- Agreement of Subcontract Valuations and Final Accounts
- Preparation of Applications for Payment
- Valuation of Variations and quotations for additional work and payments
- Contract Administration
- Commercial Management
- Cost Management, forecasting, reconciling and reporting
- Measurement Take Offs
- Bill Of Quantity Production
- Schedule of Works Production
- Labour and Subcontract Procurement
- Estimating, Pricing of Works
- Outline Cost Plans for Finance
- Budgets / Forecasts
- Feasibility Studies
- Establishing Budgets for Prospective Building Works / Extensions
- Drafting Invitations to Tender / Price
- Reviewing Quotations Received from Prospective Contractors
- Co-Ordinating with Architect / Engineer to Ensure Best Value
- Representing Domestic Customers in Negotiation and Agreeing Prices for Works
- Representing Domestic Customers in Agreeing a Contract for Works
- Cost and Contract Management of Works from Pre-Contract to Completion
Matthew is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor who has gained significant experience in the civil engineering, infrastructure and building industries in the United Kingdom over a career spanning over 20 years.
He has extensive experience on civil engineering and process projects, providing commercial and contract management and dispute resolution services to various clients in the public and private sector.
Matthew is able to assist contractors and employers in the successful commercial delivery of large scale construction and civil engineering projects
Matthew has provided quantum and technical support to consultants in adjudication.
Matthew gained a honours degree in Quantity Surveying at Sheffield Hallam University and is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) and also a member of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (MCInstCES).
CASE STUDIES - Recent Projects
//Sustainable Energy Plant – Cheshire//
Commercial and contractual support for Civil Engineering Contractors' works package valued at c. £25m (overall project value c. £285m).
//Machine Base Installation - Sheffield//
Commercial and contractual support to sub-contractor constructing reinforced concrete machine base (c. 900m3)
//Davy Markham Conversion - Sheffield//
Commercial and contractual support to sub-contractor to infill 30+ machine pits to convert former steelworks into large-scale storage area
//Two Storey Extension to Domestic Property - Sheffield//
Establishing budget, obtaining tenders, arranging contract and providing cost control throughout the construction period